Founded in 2001, InMotion Hosting has set itself as a reliable hosting company which delivers dependable performance for business class hosting. InMotion supplies a perfect blend of low price and technical innovation, you can expect outstanding uptime, speed, functionality, and technical features when you sign up and become a customer.
InMotion Hosting Pros & Cons
Let me talk a little about InMotion Hosting’s benefits and disadvantages so you understand what to expect from the hosting provider.
1. 90-Day Money Back Guarantee
Some web hosts may attempt to get away with no money-back guarantees or restrict you to some ridiculous 3-day or even 14-day period. InMotion Hosting provides one of the longest trial periods from the industry — an eye-raising 90 days!
Anytime within those 90 days, should you feel dissatisfied with everything you’ve bought into, you can request an account cancellation alongside a full refund.
2. One-Stop Solution
As is usual, InMotion Hosting carries a whole range of shared plan types to deal with numerous situations. In the most basic starter websites to heavy e-commerce consumers, there’s something for everyone.
3. Free Site Migration Service for New Customers
No matter which hosting plan you’re taking up with InMotion Hosting, they provide all new clients free site migration.
4. Plenty of room to grow
When conducting a web site, 1 thing that you always must keep in mind is room for growth. You may be getting 50 hits a day today, but in a year or two which might easily exceed 1,000 or so daily, maybe even more.
Luckily, InMotion Hosting has a very wide range of programs which you can incrementally upgrade for as you grow.
1. After the initial sign up, prices go up:
When you are just signing on with InMotion Hosting, what I call the honeymoon period. You cover cut-rate fees and both you and the host are joyful. Regrettably, that only lasts the period of your contract. When it is time to renew, you’ll be confronting full-fee prices.
2. No instant account activation:
To prevent fraud, InMotion doesn’t practice instant account activation. That means that you’ll need to be confirmed via phone before they’ll activate your account — a slight inconvenience for those living outside of the US, such as me.
I’m in Malaysia, which is on the opposite side of the globe from the US. Given time interruptions and poor call quality sometimes, it can be a real mess.
What Products Can InMotion Offer?
Like most other hosting providers, they don’t only provide shared hosting plans. To help you choose the product that best meets your needs, allow me to quickly go over what they provide.
· Domain Names: The accessible extensions include: .com, .net, .biz, .org, .info and .us. Other providers offer more variety. Domains cost $15.99 a year, which is cheaper than most direct competitors.
• Shared Hosting: Among the most well-known products. The prices vary from $8.99 to $15.99 per month for 12-month prices. This type of hosting is acceptable for small to moderate projects that don’t require unusual server configurations.
• WordPress Shared Hosting: Pretty much every shared hosting hosting provider offers WordPress hosting plans also. At InMotion these start at $9.99 per month and go all of the way up to $19.99 per month. Besides such as a CDN and an integrated backup system (for several plans), I’m not certain what the differences are using the normal shared hosting plans.
• Dedicated: Meant for larger projects (e.g. 400,000 + traffic / month) that need the highest performance. You are going to need a budget for it, since they start at $189.99 per month.
• Cloud VPS hosting: Cloud hosting is a tiny novelty in the hosting world. You may envision this as a system of many servers that host your site interconnected with one another. It is especially convenient for jobs that have changing resources needs.
• Website builder: For the less tech-savvy, they have a site builder that doesn’t require programming knowledge to design your site. To be honest, it’s somewhat overpriced as it begins at $15 per month, additional easy-to-use alternatives are a lot cheaper.
But it does not stop there. Additionally they also have a reseller hosting application so that you may sell your own hosting accounts to your clients, additionally, there are business hosting solutions for unusually large jobs, amongst other things.
InMotion Hosting Plans and Prices
InMotion Hosting offers a variety hosting services from VPS and dedicated servers, to cloud and WordPress hosting. But here I am just going to pay for their shared web hosting packages.
Security and Backup
Security is another major concern for websites or sites. With InMotion hosting solutions, you get greater protection. They have around four Tier 1 ISP suppliers to ensure smooth data flow with many copies in the event of an emergency (such as a natural catastrophe ).Their data centres are highly secured with scanners, armed guards and are stored in locked vaults. This kind of luxury security obviously implies your websites are safe and secure within InMotion servers.
To be able to guarantee safe surfing, you can elect to buy SSL certificates ($99.99 per year with an installment fee of $25), which also includes a dedicated IP address. For the safety of email accounts, InMotion also offers McAfee spam & virus protection (beginning at $1.39 a month).
Concerning site backups, nicely InMotion provide automated and completely free data copies included with every program.
The Final Verdict
In general, InMotion ticks most boxes in our ideal web hosting agency checklist.
They have a wide assortment of hosting plans at different price points and features, making it much easier for you to find the plan that fits your requirements best. The free eCommerce tools, free SSD storage, excellent support team, and reliability work significantly in their favor.
So what hosting provider are you using now? What made you consider switching to a different hosting service? Let us know in the comments below, and thanks for reading!